- ▶ Ph.D., Information Systems and Management, Carnegie Mellon University
▶ M.S., Industrial Engineering, Columbia University
▶ B.A., Business Administration/Economics, Yonsei University
- ▶ KAIST 경영대학 이원부교수 (with tenure) (2021-present)
▶ KAIST 경영대학 이원조교수 (2021)
▶ KAIST 경영대학 조교수 (2015-2021)
▶ KAIST 밝은인터넷연구센터 센터장 (2016-present)
▶ 포항공과대학교 산업경영공학과 조교수 (2014-2015)
▶ SK텔레콤 전략경영실 매니저 (2005~2008)
- ▶ 현대차그룹 (2021-present)
▶ KB국민은행 (2020-present)
▶ SK텔레콤 (2019-present)
Publications & Research
- ▶ Published and Accepted Papers
[A01] Will Movie Theaters Survive When Audiences Can Stream New Releases? at Harvard Business Review with Gordon Burtch, Yangfan Liang, and Michael D. Smith (published online on January 15, 2021 ).
[J21] Sim, Jaeung, Daegon Cho, Youngdeok Hwang, Rahul Telang. Virus Shook the Streaming Star: Estimating the COVID-19 Impact on Music Consumption. Marketing Science. forthcoming.
[J20] Ju, Jaehyeon, Daegon Cho, Jae Kyu Lee, Jae-Hyeon Ahn. Can It Clean Up Your Inbox?: Evidence from South Korean Anti-spam Legislation. Production and Operations Management. forthcoming.
[J19] Jung,Miyeon, Eunchul Shin, Daegon Cho. Repairing a Cracked Mirror: The Heterogeneous Effect of Personalized Digital Nudges Driven by Misperception. Production and Operations Management. forthcoming.
[J18] Ryu, Sunghan, Kyungmin Choi, Daegon Cho. 2020. A behaviour-based typology of travellers using an online travel marketplace. Current Issues in Tourism, forthcoming.
[J17] Minhyung Lee, Hanbyeol Choi, Daegon Cho, Heeseok Lee. 2020. Can Digital Embrace Physical Consumption? The Effectect of Online Music Streaming on Record Sales. Decision Support Systems. Vol. 135, 113337.
[J16] Kyungmin Choi, Sunghan Ryu, Daegon Cho. 2020. A behaviour-based typology of travellers using an online travel marketplace. Current Issues in Tourism. forthcoming.
[J15] Il Yong Chung, Miyeon Jung, Jong Won Lee, Yu Rang Park, Daegon Cho, (...). 2020. Exercise Promotion and Distress Reduction Using a Mobile App-Based Community in Breast Cancer Survivors. Frontiers in Oncology. 10(9): 1505.
[J14] Il Yong Chung, Miyeon Jung, Jong Won Lee, Yu Rang Park, Daegon Cho, (...). 2019. An Assessment of Physical Activity Data Collected via a Smartphone App and a Smart Band in Breast Cancer Survivors: Observational Study. Journal of Medical Internet Research. 21(9): e13463.
[J13] Miyeon Jung , Daegon Cho, Kwangsoo Shin. 2019. The Impact of Particulate Matter on Outdoor Activity and Mental Health: A Matching Approach. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 16(16): 2983.
[J12] Jiyong Park, Daegon Cho, Jae Kyu Lee, Byungtae Lee. 2019. Economics of Cybercrime: The Role of Broadband and Socioeconomic Status. ACM Transactions on MIS. 10(4): 13-23.
[J11] Kyungmin Choi, Sunghan Ryu, Daegon Cho. 2019. When a Loss Turns into a Gain: Differential Effects of Substitute versus Complementary Loss Leaders in a Multi-Sided Platform. Electronics Market. 29: 681-691.
[J10] Angela Choi, Daegon Cho, Dobin Yim, Jae Yun Moon,Wonseok Oh. 2019. When Seeing Helps Believing: The Interactive Effects of Previews and Reviews on E-Book Purchases," Information Systems Research. 30(4): 1164-1183.
[J9] Daegon Cho, Seok Ho Lee, Yeawon Yoo, Hyo-Youn Chu. 2019. Television Singing Competitions Create Stars?: An Empirical Evidence from the Digital Music Chart. Journal of Cultural Economics, 43(1): 1-20.
[J8] Daegon Cho, Youngdeok Hwang, Jongwon Park. 2018. More Buzz, More Vibes: Impact of Social Media on Concert Distribution," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 156: 103-113.
[J7] Haeyeop Song, Daegon Cho, Jaemin Jung. 2018. Platform Competition in the Video Game Console Industry: Impacts of Software Quality and Exclusivity on Market Share. Journal of Media Economics, 30(3): 99-120.
[J6] Jae Kyu Lee, Daegon Cho, Gyoo Gun Lim. 2018. A Design Theory of the Bright Internet. Journal of the Association of Information Systems, 19(2): 63-85.
[J5] Kyungmin Choi, Jongwon Park, Daegon Cho, Hyo-Youn Chu. 2018. The Impact of University Support on the Creation of Student Entrepreneurs: Evidence from South Korea. Entrepreneurship Research Journal, 8(1): 1-14.
[J4] Daegon Cho, Michael D. Smith, and Rahul Telang. 2017. An Empirical Analysis of the Frequency and Location of Concerts in the Digital Age," Information Economics and Policy, 40:41-47.
[J3] Hazel K. Kwon, and Daegon Cho. 2017. Swearing Effects on Citizen-to-Citizen Commenting Online A Large-Scale Exploration of Political Versus Nonpolitical Online News Sites. Social Science Computer Review 35(1): 84-102.
[J2] Daegon Cho, Michael D. Smith, and Alejandro Zentner. 2016. Internet adoption and the survival of print newspapers: A country-level examination. Information Economics & Policy 37:13-19.
[J1] Daegon Cho, and Hazel K. Kwon. 2015. \The impacts of identity verificationcation and disclosure of social cues on framing in online user comments," Computers in Human Behavior 51: 363-372.
▶ Selected Papers under R&R or Review
1. Park, Jiyong, Jongho Kim, Daegon Cho. Pitching with Style: The Role of Entrepreneur’s Speech in Crowdfunding Success. under second-round review at MIS Quarterly.
2. Jung, Miyeon, Sunghan Ryu, Daegon Cho. Ambivalent Effects of Mobile Push Notification Timing on Product Reviews: Evidence from a Randomized Field Experiment. revision invited at Journal of Marketing.
3. Kang, Keumseok, Daegon Cho, Euro Bae. Designing an Actionable and Applicable Business Analytics Course. revision invited at Production and Operations Management.
4. Sim, Jaeung, Jaegon Park, Daegon Cho, Jaemin Jung, Michael D. Smith. Still Time to Shout?: Digital Streaming and the Influences of Ranking Charts on Music Sales. revision invited at Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
5. Sim, Jaeung, Junyeong Lee, Daegon Cho. On the Effectiveness of Smart Metering Technology Adoption: Evidence from the National Rollout in the United Kingdom. revision invited at Journal of the Association of Information Systems.
6. Cho, Daegon, Pedro Ferreira, Rahul Telang. The Impact of Mobile Number Portability on Price and Consumer Welfare. revision invited at Journal of Industrial Economics.
- Economics of IT, People Analytics, Digital Media and Content, Applications of AI/ML