- London Business School, PhD (Strategic & International Management)
서울대학교, 경영학 석사 (국제경영)
서울대학교, 경영학 학사
- 현, 한국전략경영학회 부회장
현, 한국국제경영학회 상임이사
현, KAIST SK사회적기업가센터장
전, 한국전략경영학회 편집위원장
전, 이화여자대학교 교수
- 메리츠화재해상보험(주) 사외이사
대통령 직속 국민경제자문회의 위원
Publications & Research
- - "National Economic Disparity and Cross-border Acquisition Resolution," International Business Review, forthcoming. (with Mi-Hee Lim)
- "Are Business Groups Conducive to Industry Innovation? The Moderating Role of Technological Appropriability," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, forthcoming. (with Chang-Yang Lee & Ajai S. Gaur)
- "Influential Users in Social Network Services: The Contingent Value of Connecting User Status and Brokerage." Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, forthcoming. (with Young-Kyu Kim, Dongwon Lee, Janghyuk Lee & Detmar W. Straub)
- "The Effects of Industry Relatedness and Takeover Motives on Cross-border Acquisition Completion," Journal of Business Research, 69(11): 4787-4792, 2016. (with Mi-Hee Lim)
- "Social Capital of Corporate Boards: Effects on Firm Growth," Social Behavior and Personality, 42(3): 453-462, 2016. (with Minhong Jang & Chul Choi)
- "International Returnees as Outside Directors: A Catalyst for Strategic Adaptation under Institutional Pressure," International Business Review, 24(4): 594-604, 2015. (with Michael J. D. Roberts)
- "Effects of Internationalization on Innovation in the Service Industry: Evidence from Korea," Journal of East Asian Economic Integration, 18(4): 339-366, 2014. (with Jaeho Lee & Baeho Choi)
- "Returnee Directors in Korean Firms: Drivers and Influence," Journal of Strategic Management, 17(1): 113-136, 2014. (with Yoon Seok Cho)
- "Managing Multi-business Firms: A Comparison between Korean Chaebols and Diversified US Firms," Journal of World Business, 48(4): 443-454, 2013. (with Ajai Gaur)
- "Methodological Issues in Business Group Research from a Korean Perspective," In Catherine L. Wang, David J. Ketchen & Donald D. Bergh (eds.), Research Methodology in Strategy and Management, Vol. 8, 357-378, Emerald Group Publishing, 2012. (with Seungjin Hong)
- "Transformation of Corporate Governance in Korea." In Abdul Rasheed & Toru Yoshikawa (eds.), The Convergence of Corporate Governance: Promise and Prospects, 137-168, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012. (with Hicheon Kim)
-"Outside Directors’ Social Capital and Firm Performance: A Complex Network Approach," Social Behavior and Personality, 40(8): 1319-1332, 2012. (with Chul Choi & Jae Min Kim)
- "Colonial Influence on the e-Government Development and its Strategic Implications for Korean IT Service Providers" (in Korean), Journal of Strategic Management, 14(3): 89-117, 2011. (with Ji Hee Kim & Jae Suk Lee)
- "An Exploratory Study of the Dynamic Process and Characteristics of Core Business Changes" (in Korean), Journal of Business Research, 26(2): 193-224. 2011. (with Won Gyu Song & Youngjun Choi)
- "Negative Effects of Organizational Citizenship Behavior among Air Force Pilots" (in Korean), Korean Journal of Management, 18(1): 125-167, 2010. (with In Jae Lee & Min-Seok Cha)
- "The Signals Outside Directors Send to Foreign Investors: Evidence from Korea," Corporate Governance: An International Review, 16(1): 41-51, 2008. (with Mooweon Rhee)
- "Time to Change, Time for Change: Time as a Catalyst for Organizational Change," Time and Society, 17(2 & 3): 363-384. 2008. (with Heejin Lee)
- "Indirect Compensation as a Tunnel for Executives’ Perquisite Consumption: The Role of Large Shareholders and Disciplinary Systems" (in Korean), Journal of Strategic Management, 11(1); 65-88, 2008. (with Su-Jin Park)
- "Managing Diversified Firms through Socio-Cultural Mechanisms," Management Revue, 18(1): 23-41, 2007.
- "A Comparative Study of the Background of Takeover Defense Measures in Advanced Countries" (in Korean), International Business Journal, 18(2): 1-40, 2007.
- "Toward a ‘Working BOD’: SK Corp.’s Corporate Governance Reform" (in Korean), Journal of Strategic Management, 9(1): 21-51, 2006.
- "Active Ownership and Long-run Enterprise: The Case of the Swedish Wallenberg Family" (in Korean), Management Education Review, 9(2): 87-106, 2006.
- "Power Conflict, CEO Succession, and Subsequent Diversification Strategies of Korean Chaebols," Journal of Business Administration, 5(1): 1-17, 2005.
- "Portfolio Restructuring Based on Strategic Relatedness between Businesses: A Suggestion for the Chaebol," In Sung-Hee Jwa & In Kwon Lee (eds.), Competition and Corporate Governance in Korea, Edward Elgar, 2004. (with Costas Markides)
- Corporate Strategy (Diversification, M&A)
Corporate Governance (BOD, TMT)
Business Groups in Emerging Economies