- Columbia Business School, Columbia University, New York, NY
Ph.D., Decision, Risk, and Operations, 2014
Columbia University, New York, NY
M.S., Financial Engineering, 2007
Seoul National University, Seoul, KOREA
B.S., summa cum laude, Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering, 2003
- CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Department of Decision Sciences and Managerial Economics
Assistant Professor, August 2013 - December 2019
Publications & Research
- 1. S. Kim, M. Olivares, G.Y. Weintraub, Measuring the Performance of Large-Scale Combinatorial
Auctions: A Structural Estimation Approach, 2014, Management Science, 60(5), pp. 1180- 1201.
- Finalist paper, MSOM Student Paper Competition, MOSM Society, 2012
2. S. Kim, M. Olivares, G.Y. Weintraub, Structural Estimation of a Large-Scale Combinatorial
Auction, 2013, ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce.
3. Y. Jin, Q, Hu, S. Kim, S. Zhou, Supplier Development and Integration in Competitive Supply
Chains, forthcoming, Production and Operations Management.
- Application Areas:
Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Sustainable Operations, Smart City, Business Analytics, Operations?Information Systems Interface.
Structural Econometrics, Industrial Organization, Game Theory, Stochastic Optimization and Simulation.